Introducing the Team:
John – Business Owner & Driving Instructor
John has over 25 years driving experience in a variety of vehicles including heavy vehicles and motor sports such as rallying and circuit racing. In 2008, John started Bartz Driving School as he saw a shortage of driving schools who offering defensive driving but also quick lessons on how to pass the driving test, however not giving students the opportunity to gain skills to carry them through their driving life.
David – Driving Instructor
David has now worked for Bartz Driving School for 2 years and since then has had many first time passes. Previously he has worked with other driving schools, for a total of 10 years, however has found a home here at Bartz Driving School with likeminded person, in John, with the view that teaching someone how to drive is for life, not just a test.
We encourage supervising driver’s involvement. By this we mean, coming along on a lesson when the learner driver feels competent and can drive a vehicle without dual controls in traffic. During this lesson, you will be seated in the back seat and watch how John teaches the learner driver about low risk driving, hazard perception and lifesaving visual skills. You will soon realize that gaining the P1 licence is more involved than just a quick drive around the block as it was 30 years ago.
What do you need to look for when picking a driving school?
When picking a driving school there are many more important factors rather than price. You should find a driving school that has the following:
- How long they have been in business, their reputation and reviews of the company (either on their Facebook page or Word of Mouth)
- Current RMS Instructors’ Licence & Driver’s Licence (per instructor)
- Working with Children’s Check – adults who works with anyone under the age of 18, must have one of these and should be produced if requested
- Public Indemnity and Liability Insurance
- Does the vehicle your child will be conducting lessons have dual controls? Does it look safe and road worthy?
- Full comprehensive car insurance for each vehicle belonging to the driving instructor
- Does the person who takes your phone call enquiry, engage when you when calling to book a lesson and make you feel comfortable?
If the driving school you call cannot answer YES to these questions, then it will be in your best interest as a parent and/or Learner student to call Bartz Driving School on 0410 679 888 as we will answer YES to all these questions.